Australia & New Zealand

Australia & New Zealand
Part I - Australia, Part II - New Zealand

Monday, March 24, 2008

Interim Update from Sydney Airport - Mar 24

Hello from the Air New Zealand lounge. This morning was flawless- got up early, walked through the mist to the train, arrived in Sydney, mist was downpour. Had breakfast at Starbucks across from the train station (not aiming for Starbucks but it was open, known, and takes credit cards). Walked around middle of town that we missed last time through. Rain gave way to clouds as we walked a lot - to Darling Harbour. Took monorail, then took train back as clouds went away altogether. Arrived at hotel as shuttle to airport was about to leave - flawless departure as we made the shuttle. United had upgraded me to Business but when the realized I was with Alex, they called around and ... YES! we are both upgraded and sitting upstairs on the flight. United's club is closed so we are in the family center of their Star Alliance partner Air New Zealand's lounge. I'll upload photos when I get back. Life is really good right now. It's like I am calling in the last of my elitehood between Hilton and United. See you in the US!

No comments: