Australia & New Zealand

Australia & New Zealand
Part I - Australia, Part II - New Zealand

Friday, October 28, 2016

28.Oct.2016 Part 1 - Farewell New Zealand

It's rare that you wake up expecting the day to be literally longer than 24 hours. [Note: for those who use the term literally to mean figuratively (e.g. "he literally destroyed the guy" yet the guy remains), please understand I mean literally literally] I've awoken to what will be literally a 44 hour day. (San Francisco is 20 hours behind Auckland, thus, my October 28 will keep going and going).

Victoria and I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at our hotel, the Esplanade. From there, we went for a stroll - along the water, to the playground, and up the street. As you can see, she is enjoying her new Kiwi shirt.



Auckland Skyline, Devonport Beach, and Victoria







Those who are married to me (there aren't many) know that I like getting to the airport a little early. Yeah, we got to the airport just before the United desk opened for check-in, so I had Victoria run a few slalom runs through the empty lanes for both general boarding and Premier Access. Thanks to the stopwatch function on my phone, she was interested in this exercise and I am optimistic she'll nap shortly after we board. Her personal best on the Premier Access slalom was 10.11 seconds. You'll note above and below that the fox has quickly re-assumed the #1 spot because after it was washed and dried, she dropped the penguin on the dirty mats under her car seat, so it's on the checked luggage DL (Disabled List for the non-sports readers) until it gets washed at home. Yet again, the lounge is a good place for kids as there is a little kids-zone in the Air New Zealand lounge.



As an added bonus, I just got an e-mail from my new employer about my first few days of work. It's going to be fun, but this has been fun. Time to fly is coming soon. 

No comments: